The Coronavirus pandemic has been a massive disruption to the normal life of any church; preserving community whilst maintaining distance is a difficult environment to manage and create. This page seeks to detail the steps we have taken that affect you.
As a church, we follow the guidance of the Baptist Union and have adapted our Sunday services to provide as safe an environment as possible for you to worship. The below outlines the key things you will need to be aware of.
Firstly, please do not come to the church if you have recently experienced any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 (fever, persistent dry cough and loss of taste or smell) and have not had such symptoms for 14-days, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace.
If you would like to come to church, please be aware of the following:
- Please let us know you’re coming beforehand. As a small church this helps us better prepare seating arrangements to fit your family size. Whilst you are unlikely to be turned away if you arrive unnanounced, we reserve the right to do so if we’re unable to seat you safely.
- Face masks are mandatory throughout the service. Please ensure you are wearing yours when you enter the building. Masks are available in the entrance to the church if required and we encourage use of the hand sanitizer at the entry point to the church.
- On arrival, we will request the contact details of attendees (where we do not already have a record of them). You may also be asked to confirm you’re in good health per the above stipulation on attending church. We will keep a record of attendance for any contact tracing requirements that may arise.
- Please arrive in advance of 10.30am to avoid multiple people at the doorway. If required, please queue at front steps, maintaing a distance of two metres between yourself and others until welcomed in to the building.
- Seating will be appropriately distanced and will make use of the full floor space and, if required balcony area. Some seating may be reserved for specific families for ease of arrival / getting settled at the start of the service. Please be mindful as you move around the building and courteous to others, particularly in confined spaces such as the main entrance and passageway.
- Singing within the church is not currently permitted. Worship is led in line with the current government guidance. You are free to otherwise stand, clap, dance or otherwise express yourself as you feel led.
- Common or shared items cannot be used, including church Bible’s and song books. Please bring your own Bible. Some of our remaining Gideon Bible’s will be made available for attendees to take home and keep as their own.
- We cannot currently resume our post-service tea/coffee chat but you are welcome to bring your own flask of your favourite brew. Further guidance on post-service socialising to follow.
- We will retain the option for visiting speakers to deliver their message via the online service and streamed to the church.
- All attendees are asked to notify the church if they develop any symptoms of COVID-19 after attending a service.
If you have any questions or specific concerns, please feel free to get in touch.